OUR POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
Scope of the Blue Eco Homes Quality and Environmental Management System
Blue Eco Homes is a family run construction business specialising in architectural new houses. We are a small business using local trades, supporting sound quality, environmental and workplace safety practices and the local community.
The Company constructs and delivers ecologically sustainable homes, built to the finest standards on appropriate sites within the Greater Sydney and Blue Mountains areas. The Scope of the Blue Eco Homes Quality and Environmental Management Systems extend from the Head Office in Winmalee to all construction sites operated by the Company.
Blue Eco Homes recognises the importance of its Environmental, Quality and Safety Management Systems and the significant impact that its construction activities may bring. Through certification to ISO14001 and ISO9001 Blue Eco Homes maintains quality, analyses and monitors its effects on the environment, ensures compliance with all legal and other requirements in regards to interested parties, and conducts its business with the highest regard for quality, environmental and safety standards.
Blue Eco Homes is a family owned Australian Company committed to leadership in the field of energy efficient, sustainable and quality building and construction. As such it is strongly committed to identifying and controlling the environmental impact of the projects it builds, to continually improving its environmental performance, and implementing a systematic approach to setting and reviewing environmental objectives and targets.
The management of Blue Eco Homes recognises and is fully supportive of ensuring the company complies with the framework provided by ISO14001 to adopt an Environmental Management System through which we will work to provide residential and commercial building projects which meet the requirements of our clients, whilst embracing the principles of this standard to assist in achieving our environmental and strategic objectives.
This commitment will be met by:
- Protecting the environment, including bio-diversity and eco-systems.
- Ensuring all employees and stakeholders are aware of the objectives of our Environmental and Waste Management Policy.
- Encouraging all employees, subcontractors, clients, consultants and other stakeholders to commit to the positive environmental management practices.
- Complying with all relevant laws, statutory regulations and industry codes of practice, and any other compliance requirements.
- Meeting our climate change obligations by minimising our environmental footprint through pollution prevention practices and a carbon management reduction plan.
- Ensuring that sustainable environmental practices are a part of our day to day operations.
- Reviewing environmental risks particular to each project and implementing environmental and waste management measures that are relevant to the nature and scale of the works.
- Minimising waste through careful and efficient use of all materials and energy.
- Assisting our clients to achieve their own environmental management obligations and objectives.
- Developing and maintaining business relationships that maximise our ability to better manage environmental sustainability.
- Risk management
WORK HEALTH AND SAFETY POLICY (WHS)
Blue Eco Homes is committed to the health and safety of its employees, staff, sub-contractors and consultants. We have established WHS procedures for all construction activities, with a specific Safety Plan developed for each project.
The core objectives of our WHS policy are:
- Zero incidents in the workplace
- All workers go home safely each day
- Health and safety is integral to the role of every person on the project
- To involve all our employees and sub-contractors in the development, management and implementation of safety throughout the project, including design, construction and operation
- Identify and control potential hazards through a detailed hazard identification process & risk analysis
- Provide proactive and effective injury management and rehabilitation for all employees.
We achieve these objectives by:
- Ensuring all employees and stakeholders are aware of the objectives of our WHS policy
- Ensuring that WHS practices are part of our day-to-day operations
- Encouraging all employees, staff, clients, consultants and other stakeholders to commit to the health and safety of others
- Implementing health and safety risk assessment and risk management measures relevant to each project
- Complying with all relevant laws, statutory regulations and industry codes of practice.
Blue Eco Homes is a family owned Australian Company committed to leadership in the field of energy efficient, sustainable and quality building and construction. As such it is strongly committed to working with its employees, customers and suppliers to identify and control the quality of the projects it builds, to continually improve its quality performance and implement a systematic approach to setting and reviewing quality objectives and targets.
The management of Blue Eco Homes recognises and is fully supportive of ensuring the company complies with the framework provided by ISO 9001 to adopt a Quality Management System through which we will work to provide residential and commercial building projects which meet the requirements of our clients, whilst embracing the principles of this standard to assist in achieving our quality and strategic objectives.
This commitment will be met by:
- Employee commitment
- Understanding the needs and motivations of our clients
- Aiming to exceed our client’s expectations in delivering their projects
- Regularly liaising with our client’s to ensure they are aware of and satisfied with progress of the project
- Complying with the Building Code of Australia, Australian Standards, industry codes of practice, local council and other authorities requirements
- Development of a quality management plan appropriate to the scale and nature of the project
- Engaging with contractors or consultants to ensure that the project is delivered to the required quality
- Maintaining adequate records and documentation to verify compliance with required quality
- Risk management
INSURANCE & IR
We maintain the following insurance policies:
- Public Liability: $20 million
- Workers Compensation: $ as per wages
- Builders All Risk: $ pending project value
- Home Owners Warranty: $ pending project value, eligibility to $9M
Superannuation is paid in accordance with legislative requirements and we are registered with the Long Services Payments Corporation.
On major projects, we comply with the principal contractors’ management procedures, including:
- Industrial relations requirements for the project
- Current legislative requirements for the Australian construction industry (including the ‘National Code of
- Practice for the Construction Industry’ and Australian Government Industry Guidelines for the ‘National Code of Practice for the Construction Industry’).
Training has always played an important role in our company.
We have been involved in a variety of training opportunities, including apprentices, work experience students, employee training, as well as our own continuing professional development.